Our Sycamore Dental team is committed to providing safe and effective dental treatments to all patients. In light of the situation surrounding COVID-19, our office has taken extra steps to ensure full compliance with all ADA, CDA, OHSA and CDC guidelines.
Your health and safety are our top priorities, so you can trust that our team is taking every precaution to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission and maintain a safe, clean, sterile office environment.
In order to ensure infection control and keep all of our patients safe, Sycamore Dental has implemented the highest standards of disinfection using infection control protocols based on ADA, NIH, and CDC guidelines.
Before Dental Care Begins
- Sycamore Dental ensures that our dental staff is healthy everyday with a daily questionnaire and temperature check, as well as having a negative COVID-19 test result.
- We pre-screen all of our patients for COVID-19 over the telephone, and patients are not allowed entry into our office if they present with any signs or symptoms, including fever.
- All dental appointments are scheduled with enough time to ensure no cross contact with other patients in the waiting room or hallways to allow for proper social distancing.
- We encourage patients to attend appointments alone, unless a support person is necessary. All support visitors are also screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during patient check-in and will not be allowed entry into our office if they present signs and symptoms of acute respiratory illness.
- Our office will continue to offer disposable surgical masks to our patients if they present to our office without one.
- Our team has removed all magazines, toys, and other objects touched by others which are not easily disinfected.
- We have printed and placed signage around our office to help patients use recommendations for respiratory hygiene, cough etiquette, and social distancing.
During Dental Care
- Sycamore Dental uses in room hospital grade Hyper-HEPA air filters that effectively filters 99.5% of harmful ultrafine particles down to 0.003 microns in size. This is 100 times smaller than what is achieved with ordinary HEPA air filtration technology and 10 times smaller than a virus.
- All Sycamore Dental staff performs hand hygiene at regular intervals, especially after possible contact with respiratory secretions and contaminated objects. Hand hygiene includes hand washing with non-antimicrobial soap and water, antiseptic hand wash, or alcohol-based hand rub.
- Our office has implemented “Transmission-Based Precautions” as outlined by the ADA, including patient placement, room ventilation, air filtration, and respiratory protection.
- Our dental staff follows all clinical techniques identified by the ADA to protect against COVID-19 transmission, using the most accurate and current information available.
After Dental Care is Provided
- In between patients, we clean and santize all surfaces in each room according to both ADA and CDC guidelines with hospital grade disinfectant and our germicidal UVC lamp.
- Sycamore Dental uses a hospital grade 360° UVC disinfecting germicidal lamp used in hospital operating rooms to destroy any remaining pathogens in the air or on surfaces including bacteria and viruses to create a 100% sterile environment for the next patient.
- Non-disposable equipment such as handpieces, dental x-ray equipment, and dental chairs are disinfected according to manufacturer’s instructions. Handpieces and all dental instruments also undergo heat-sterilization after each patient to ensure all items sterile.
The CDC continues to monitor activity relating to COVID-19 and is coordinating efforts with health departments in California to ensure all medical professionals, including Sycamore Dental, are informed of updates to these guidelines in real time.
The CDC is issuing regulations to help dental offices navigate the unique threats posed by COVID-19. These regulations are continually changing, and Sycamore Dental is committed to honoring the CDC regulations and remaining compliant with all dental requirements during this time.
COVID-19 Compliant Screening Process
Sycamore Dental is committed to screening all staff members and patients for signs of COVID-19. First, we will make every effort to interview patients by phone, text message, or video conference before their visit.
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19 and your dental appointment or dental health, please call our office for assistance.